Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year! I challenge you to set some goals on how you can come closer to Christ this year. My Goal is to trust in him to give me what to say so I can talk with everyone! A whole year to be a missionary. I'm so excited! (Every member a missionary!)
To start of the New Year we had the Baptism of Jose! He is really so sweet. He knows so much about the gospel already! Every time we taught him I felt like he was teaching me more than we of him. He is awesome. After he received the Holy Ghost yesterday he shoke our hands on the way back to his seat. I can not describe the look of love in his eyes. The gospel of Jesus Christ is so real. The love that he has for every single one of us is so strong.
On Tuesday I went one exchanges with Hermana Bland from Logan, Utah! She goes home after next transfer and her testimony is so bright. She reminded me that Heavenly Father called me here because of who I am. He doesn't need a million Elder Burtons (a fantastic Elder in my zone who used to be an Assistant before I got here.) He need Hermana Wade, Hermana Bland, Hermana Davis here in Washington! Be yourself and share your experiences with the gospel. Ah I love the gospel.
We've been teaching Doricel y Victor this week. They couldn't come to church, which was sad, but they are starting to read the book of mormon which is good! Cesar is a ten year old boy. His grandma is a convert and he is living with her now so she wants him to be baptized. (I'm sorry if I repeat info. idk what I tell you) and he is getting baptized on the 23rd! He is so cute. He has sooo many questions and we try to teach him as much as we can! We taught Aldo the plan this week and he was so interesting in the atonement. He is really progressing.  He is in California for the week for work, but he took his BOM with him and promised to read it everyday. He's the best! It's awesome cause he always makes daily contact with us! We never have to call him haha. We met this girl CeCe and she agreed to read and pray as well! We are teaching her again tomorrow.
Thank you all so much for your love. Don't forget to read your scriptures everyday, even if just a little bit. I love you and wish you a good 2016!

Hermana Lizzy Davis
Washington Kennewick Mission

 Out in the "snow"

 Jose's baptism

 Fillin' up the baptismal font!

 Bishop Landin, Jose, Hermanas Davis & Wade


No comments:

Post a Comment