Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 3 - Semana Tres - Ammon is mi Spirit Animal

Hola Everyone! 

This week has been full of so much stuff and yet not a lot at the same time! In the afternoon of P-Day we go to the temple and that is always the best thing. I love feeling of being at the temple. Nothing compares. Go as often as you can! #templesquad

Friday we had an AMAZING lesson with Lukas. I honestly have never felt the spirit so strong in my entire life. We taught him about the gospel of Jesucristo and bautisado. We talked him sobre fe and he said he had a little, but not much. He wasn't sure if he could be forgiven of all of his pecados. We invited him to act on his fe a be baptized and partake of the Savior's atonement. Even though he still felt like he was far away, he said he would think a bout it and pray to be forgiven for his sins. After that lesson, Hermano Myers pulled us back into the room to talk about it because the spirit was sooo strong. (totes against the rules btws) He asked us how we planned differently and why that lesson was so different than our others. The only thing we could say is that we had an end goal instead of a written out plan. We learned a great lesson about teaching with the spirit that day.

Saturdays and Fridays are like the longest days of the week. We have so much time in class. (We spend like 12 hours a day in the class room) Mi Español is coming along. It is still really hard though. I can understand most of what is going on, but I still have a hard time saying what I want. Sunday was perfecto! At Relief Society We talked about the atonement. It is literally the best thing of my life. I am so grateful for it and basically use it everyday. I invite you to do the same. It's power is real. In sacrament meeting, one of the Elder's in my district said the closing prayer and in his prayer he said, "Por Favor bendicimos now imparable misionars." UNSTOPPABLE MISSIONAIES! That's basically our motto. it's was AWESOME.  In the devotional we sung "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ..." You can bet we belted that out! The speaker was Richard I. Heaton the administrative Director of all the MTCs around the world. One of the quotes I loved was he said, "Leadership is a character trait, not a position." Like Fav and Retweet that! Literally you can help and be an example to others without having a title. HELP EACH OTHER OUT YO. Then we watched The Legacy Pioneer video. BEST ROM-COM for 18 months! THEY KISSED 4 TIMES! page 33 my friends.

On Monday, Lukas agreed to be baptized! Best thing ever. I'm so excited to help him learn more about the importance of it and more about the gospel. He really wants to be forgiven for his sins. He prayed in the lesson for forgiveness. He also laughed when we said we were still going to have a closing prayer. He was like 'How often do you all pray?' lol! (btw we counted. an average day of vocal prayers is 20) Cray Cray Right?!

On Tuesday Elder Hugo Montoya of the Seventy came to talk to us. And yes, he did reference The Princess Bride! He said, "I am Hugo Montoya, 100 soilders killed my great grandfather because he was a Mormon. His name was Rafial Monro. (idk how to spell it.) Google him." (We later had one of the branch presidency google it and James E. Faust talked about him in a talk. Look it up. it's pretty neat) He shared with us his B's of missionary work: Be Alert. Be Genuine. Be Obedient. He really just wanted us to know that we must love the people we are serving. Love the people you are serving with! His suggestions to us was to Always Smile! Smiling helps other trust you and now that you are happy doing what you are. You're representing the happiest thing on this planet! No, not Disneyland, but The Restored Gospel of Jesucristo! You should always be smiling. Forget about yourself. Serve everyone whole heartedly. And to Follow Up. Help one another Endure to the End. He told us we should all send Facebook requests to our companions and follow up with them after the mission so you can talk about your experiences still! Hermana Bryce y Riley have already become some of my best friends and I can't wait to hear all about their adventures in Ecuador! He also said to do something of importance in your mission. Don't be an average missionary. Be yourself and do something of importance. He also asked how many of us were teaching in a different language then we grew up with and he said he knew our struggle. I honestly adore that man! I loved his talk so so so much! AND at the end he bore his testimony in Espanol AND I UNDERSTOOD IT. BEST THING EVER. We closed with Go Forward with Faith and it is like the best song of life. 

Wednesday we had a lot of class and we taught Sandra y Diana. Our lessons didn't go as well as we wanted them to go, but Hermano Ream was able to help us understand what to fix and how to plan a lesson way better. I am so grateful for my mission and I am loving every second of it. Even the moments when I am so frustrated I might cry. I'm so blessed and I already have such a love for the people of Kennewick. I pray for everyone of you all the time and I hope your lifes are going swell. Remember who you are and what you stand for! If you forget, write me! I'll help you remember;) 

btw Hermana Byrce's mission blog is this if you wanna hear from her perspective. Her mom is awesome! (S/O Jill cause I know you'll read this! lol!)
Yo Quiermos ustedes mucho!

Hermana Lizzy Davis
Washington Kennewick Mission

With Sister Rachel Cable of the Eagle Mountain Landing Ward - She's going to San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment